Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inspiration IS everywhere.....

It's Inspiration Wednesday!  
I take photos of inspiring things often.  They are almost always something that inspires a design idea.  When a client is starting from "scratch" in a room I will tell them that we need an inspiration idea.  It could be their favorite painting, a hobby or interest, favorite color or animal.  When you are trying to find a "jumping off point" for a room,  look around you.  

Inspiration IS everywhere.

This grate in NYC is so beautiful.  I love the pattern it forms and 
I want to design a fabric with this pattern.

This beautiful lunch I had with my husband reminds me that grouping and grids create beautiful organization and impact.

This photograph of a dolly varden that my son caught inspires a warm grey/fleshy pink/ white color scheme for a room.


No comments:

Post a Comment