Monday, August 26, 2013

Fall Entertaining!

 Even though it's 100 degrees in Little Rock,  when the kids go back to school my heart belongs to fall.  I love everything about this gorgeous, snuggly season.  I want soup and roast and my grandmother's molasses sugar cookies.

As much as I love this season, I hate the decorating tragedy that goes along with it.  You know what I am talking about:  bad scarecrows and defiled pumpkins that have been painted neon colors til they no longer resemble the original, gorgeous gourd.  Seasonal mesh in wild colors that are made into garlands and wreaths and whatever else, until your front porch looks like Vegas instead of fall.  

When my children were small I will admit that I dipped my decorating toe into the tack waters of fall decor.  My taste-free little children wanted to see EVERY square inch of our home decorated in the appropriate seasonal decor.  They LOVED it.  Now,  as they are older and less "tasteless", I can go back to my "less is more" approach to seasonal decorating.  In the following blogs you will see what I am talking about.  A single pumpkin placed on a table (instead of 50) has a huge visual impact.  Try white this year if your home palette is not appreciative of orange.  

Remember that seasonal decor needs to replace your regular decor, NOT add to it.  What I mean by this,  is if you place a small fall arrangement on a coffee table it should take the place of your everyday arrangement.  Edit your home and then seasonally decorate.  Otherwise all your efforts will just look like a cluttered mess.

I will take pics of my fall decorating and post them for you.  Please take pics and send me yours.  I want to see your levels of decorating brilliance.  :-)  

Happy Fall  (Almost),

Jill.



Fall is a huge time for entertaining, its all about time with family and friends!  Here are some of our favorite fall table settings and entertaining tips!

Love this simple table setting!  Warm tones on the plates and linens play into this cozy little  dinner!

A very cool idea to use wood  as a charger underneath clear plates!  Keeps everything warm and natural.

A cart for fall entertaining!  Love that even the drinks are fall colored.  Simple and lovely for fall.

Fall doesn't always have to be red, orange and brown.  You can also integrate your home's colors into your fall decor!   LOVE these pumpkins sooooo much!

Just about everything is gorgeous in apothecary jars.  You can easily change out what is in  the jars from season to season.  Fall can be wheat, apples, gourds, berries, etc.  

Love the simple table setting with natural linens and the wheat center piece!  So great.

Cute and casual fall table outside!  How amazing is this?

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!  So simple, clean, and light.  Fall doesn't have to be heavy, it can be light and cozy at the same time!




No comments:

Post a Comment